Monday, February 17, 2014

My Sunday Drive - Egg Bake Recipe

My Grandparents are in town!!! 
Today was an early start! I grabbed a triple caramel macchiato from Starbucks and headed to practice with my love, Derek. It's so great he is on the production team because early mornings alone are hard. Plus, who's going to wipe any sleep out of your eye that you may have missed!
The sermon today was so good! Pastor Mark spoke on James 2:1-7. I encourage you to take some time and watch the video! Totally worth it!

We had lunch at Spud's on Alki then headed over to Husky's on California for some ice cream. I really enjoy my grandparent's company. I love hearing their stories and experiences. Growing up, I wasn't too interested, but they have been on this earth alot longer than I have and I've come to realize they know a thing or two. I want to be able to share their stories to my kids. 
I did get to make one of my favorite egg bakes for us to enjoy for breakfast!

Recipe for Plasch's Family Egg Bake:
2 lbs of breakfast sausage, browned, drained, and crumbled
9 slices of white bread, crusts removed & cut into squares
4 tablespoons of butter, cut into small cubes
3 cups of milk
5 scallions, chopped, including green tops
1/4 cup of chopped green bell peppers
12 eggs beaten
2 cups grated cheddar cheese (8 oz)
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper 

 Serves 12-14 folks.
1. Brown, crumble, and drain your 2 lbs of sausage. 
 2. Beat the 12 eggs well. Add milk.
3. Chop your green peppers and scallions and add to eggs.
 4. Cut the crust from your bread, and cut into thirds, then the thirds into squares. Add to egg mixture.
 5. Add cheese to the mixture.
 6. Add sausage. Stir well.
7. Butter the inside of the 9x13 inch casserole dish.
8. Pour the mixture in casserole dish and cover with aluminum foil.
9. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
 10. Bake the casserole at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 to 30 minutes.
Make sure the middle is cooked!
ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. We make a similar type of egg casserole, only I usually use hashbrown potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds tasty! Do you have a link to it? Love to give it a try.

      Delete